Friday, March 8, 2013

Paris Fashion Week 2013


Fashion month is officially over. How sad. As usual there were so many great things that came down each runway, but most of them didn’t have me eager for the fall or winter. Well after checking out the looks from Paris Fashion Week, I can say that I am now eager. What a weird feeling, since we are still technically in winter. Regardless, here are my top 4 lines from Paris Fashion Week. (I’m sorry, I couldn’t limit it to 3…they were just that good!)

Hexa by Kuho
     Graphic prints, pops of leather, and a mustard color that doesn’t look like baby poop. Who knew that the combination of those three things would look so good together! The totally trendy pants, sweatshirts, and blazers are something I can actually see myself in, and can’t wait until I am actually wearing them!



Andrew Gn
     I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this designer until this year. But after this show I will def pay more attention! I loved the coats with the three quarter length sleeve and the long gloves which meet at the elbows of the models. I think I need to invest. I absolutely loved both the vibrant and the subtle colors on each look. It’s just so fun for a Fall/Winter look; it makes me look forward to the season so I can wear them!



Jitrois
    Where was PETA when this line was shown on the Paris runway? Well I’m glad they didn’t show up! As much as I do not support abuse of ANY kind towards animals, I loved this line! The colors of the furs and leathers were beautifully displayed in simple silhouettes. The only thing I would change? It would all be fake furs and leathers. Is that so much to ask?



Valentino
      I absolutely loved the lace pieces that either wrapped around the neck or was a chest piece. I’m def still obsessed with little peak-a-boo cut outs which showed up in a few of the looks that came down the runway. And of course it wouldn’t be a Valentino show without some Valentino red.





Other lines you should check out:
Kenzo
Maxime Simoens
Elie Saab
YSL
Dior
Gareth Pugh

*All photos are from WWD.com

Are you following us on Facebook or Twitter yet?
Quote of the Week: “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."
Last Weeks Answer: Daryl Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment