Saturday, March 16, 2013

St. Patty’s Day



Unless you are Irish, this day probably means nothing to you. And even to those who are, the original meaning of the day is probably lost to modern activities of heavily drinking Guinness and wearing green everything. (Seriously where did those big green sunglasses and green wigs come from?)  

Of all St. Patrick's Day celebrations, I’m not going to lie, I absolutely love the Parade. I guess I have a weird thing for parades because as I've mentioned I love the Thanksgiving Day Parade too. Growing up in Western Ma, one of the biggest St. Patrick Day Parades marched just a town away. Then when I went away to college and even living in the Greater Boston area now, I get to see another one of the countries biggest parades. I know the meaning has changed and the day no longer means the same to most people, but for me, it’s a day to celebrate my Irish heritage. A heritage I’m very proud to have. Here’s a look back at some past St. Patrick’s Day for me as I look forward to this year. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Me and Ben from a few St. Patty's Days ago

A float from the Holyoke St. Patrick's Day Parade

It wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without bag pipes



R2D2 and C3PO feeling festive at the Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade

Love this car
*All photos are my own

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Are you following us on Facebook and Twitter yet?
Quote of the Week: “The Irish are a fair people; they never speak well of one another.”
Last Weeks Answer: Albert Einstein 

No comments:

Post a Comment