Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thirsty Thursday's With Vicki

True Friends Last A LifeTime

Reunions are always the best. Just this past May, I graduated from college, and since most of my close friends live either across the state or possibly even further (Stine), it always means a lot to us when we get to see one another. Throughout college, I made some of the greatest friends that I could ever ask for, and when were together it’s like we never left one another.

Last night, Jen Biff and I both were lucky enough to have the day off from work, so we decided to take a trip to the Natick Mall. The town of Natick, that sits just miles outside of the beautiful city of Boston, has a lot to offer everyone. Since our school, was just a few miles away, every now and then we would make a trip to Natick, whether it was for dinner or to spend a few bucks on some “necessary” shopping. This is exactly what Jen Biff and I did yesterday, which from home, was only an hour and 15 minute drive for us.

After a few hours of shopping at our FAVE off price retailer, Nordstrom Rack in Shopper's World (located in Framingham, MA), it was finally time to meet up with the rest of the crew at The Cheesecake Factory. Considering we don’t have a Cheesecake Factory back in Western MA, we always make it a point to grab some dinner there. Most of us ordered a glass of wine; I always get a glass of Pinot Grigio-Campanile. It’s delicious, and always relaxing to gossip and catch up with the ladies over a glass of wine. For an entree I made sure to order my absolute favorite, Four Cheese Pasta which includes: Penne Pasta, Mozzarella, Ricotta, Romano and Parmesan Cheeses, Marinara Sauce and Fresh Basil (Cheesecake Factory).



And of course, you can’t go to Cheesecake Factory without ordering cheesecake. Jen Biff and I indulged ourselves in the Chocolate Mouse Cheesecake. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day!



For the occasion, I had to be sure I could wear something that was appropriate for day wear as well as evening wear. I wore one of my new favorite summer pieces that I picked up this summer, a tie-dye maxi dress, which not only is trendy for the summer, but cute and affordable. Since I don’t have the broadest shoulders, underneath the dress I have a Second Base bra on. It fits right over your bra, allows for no bra straps to be shown, and is very comfortable for the summer heat.

For shoes, I wore my favorite summer black flat sandals that I’ve been obsessed about wearing since I first bought them in the beginning of the summer. For accessories I wore a long silver chained necklace detailed with a blue stone, as well as a brown beaded bracelet, that my talented cousin, Rebecca, made me for my birthday! This accessory works well with the Bohemiam trends that we see right now. For a purse, I used this adorable grey zippered shoulder messenger bag, that fits all my basic needs for a day or night out! 

   
 Maxi Dress: Forever 21
 Second Base Bra: Caren & Company in Longmeadow, MA
 Necklace: Forever 21
 Bracelet: Made by my cousin, Rebecca Budd
 Shoes: Kelly & Katie (DSW)
 Cardigan: H.I.P (Nordstrom)
                                                       Purse: H&M

"Side by side, or miles apart, friends are forever, close to your heart" (Unknown)



1 comment: