Tuesday, November 29, 2011

KM Explains it All!

Scrabble Anyone?


I was watching the CW show The Vampire Diaries a couple weeks ago and saw the character, Anna, wearing a Scrabble letter ring.  Trying to use the crafty portion of my brain I thought, "This would be wicked easy to replicate!" so I decided to give it a go.  I went to the craft store to see if they had any ring bases so that it would look like it was purchased at a store rather than a home project.  Unfortunately they didn't have any but I remembered that I had a ring at home that fell off the base and decided I'd use that instead.  I have noticed that ring bases are for sale online if you just Google it, but I'm far too impatient when I already have a project in mind.  Once I had that, all I needed was a letter from the Scrabble board game and I was good to go!
Anna and Jeremy from The Vampire Diaries with her Scrabble ring (image taken from google.com)
On the show, Anna has an "A," obviously for her name, so I decided to make a "K" for Kaley!
My supplies:  Scrabble game, Gorilla Super Glue (this stuff is magical!), and my ring base
I put a paper towel down so I wouldn't get any glue on the table then put just a few drops of glue on the ring base.
 I then centered the base on the back of the piece and waited for it to dry.
And VOILA!  A new accessory to add to my accessory catalog!  


Have any fun DIY projects that you've done?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment