Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wacky Wednesdays with Jenbiff

Normal Gets You Nowhere

During the holidays I worked a LOT. Whenever I went on my break I would "escape" into a book. One of the books that I read was Kelly Cutrone's second book: Normal Gets You Nowhere. For all you who watched The Hills and The City you know who she is. If that wasn't enough she also had a show on Bravo that was called Kell on Earth (which I was obsessed with). Watching these shows actually helped me decide what I want to when I grow up (...now I just need to land the job...Kelly call me!) Anywhosers! I was very excited to find out even more about the industry and Kelly herself when her first book came out...so you can just guess how excited I was when the second book came out.

Promotion for Kell on Earth

This book is not so much about the industry, but is more about Kelly's beliefs and how one should be his/her own person and not simply give in to the "norm" because it's popular. That being said, she does talk about a few personal experiences shes had that ultimately led to her beliefs and ways of thinking/living. Through these stories, she really motivates her reader to be her own person and live her own life. Because I mean really, normal gets you nowhere.

The cover of Normal Gets You Nowhere

I don't want to give away too much about the book (clearly), but it's truly a great read. I think Kelly is an amazing person and I think the world be a very different place if more people thought more like she does. Of course this doesn't mean that I agree with everything she was saying, but for the most part I agree with her. If your looking for an inspiring quick read...I def suggest this!

Have you read anything interesting recently??

Quote of the Week: "Things will change: you won't feel this way forever. And anyway, sometimes the hardest lessons to learn are the ones your soul needs most."
Last Weeks Answer: Stronger by Kelly Clarkson

No comments:

Post a Comment