Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wacky Wednesdays with Jenbiff


What I Wore Book Review

Last spring I became completely obsessed with blogs. I would spend hours looking at new blogs and bookmarking my new favorites. When I stumbled upon Jessica Quirk’s blog: What I Wore, I fell in love. What originally captured me were her vintage inspired outfits…I just couldn’t get enough! But as time has gone on I love the practical work outfits and casual weekend looks that she puts together so well. So when I saw that she was in the process of writing a book I was super excited!

The cover to her book (Photo Credit: Google Images)
She broke down her book differently than other fashion books I’ve read so far. She actually broke it down by the different seasons! How smart right? But before she can even start in spring, there are basics that every woman’s wardrobe should have.

The cutest way to wear those dreaded Hawaiian Shirts. (Photo Credit: What I Wore)
Once she covered the basics, she dives right into spring. Each season is set up relatively similarly: she has a list of must have staples and secondary must haves and every season has its list of colors. Then she goes a little more into detail: what accessories to wear in which season, what type of shoes to wear when and even when to change your wardrobe from fall/winter to spring/summer and back. 

Adorbs work outfit (Photo Credit: What I Wore)
After all the basics are covered, she has five sketches of full outfits to wear during a full workweek. Then she gives five sketches of weekend outfits. Each sketch is to show the mixing of the basics and the seasonal flair. I’m a visual person so having actual outfits put together really helped me understand what she was talking about! And by the end of the book I was mentally mixing up the outfits to create new ones.

It may be a little cold, but so cute for colder weather!  (Photo Credit: What I Wore)
Jessica lives in Indiana so she knows about cold winters and the winter chapter actually helped me come up with more cute and fun winter outfits! I seriously cannot say enough good about this book. She really breaks it down into a practical format by the seasons…is it just me or is that seriously a great idea? Why has no one else thought of this??

What have you read this month??

Quote of the Week: “Get and stay out of your comfort zone. I believe that not much happens of any significance when we’re in our comfort zone.”
Last Weeks Answer: Pillow Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment