Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thirsty Thursday's With Vicki

Family is Forever

This past Saturday night, I went out in Noho with my cousin, Rebecca. After a long week, it was about time we went out and had a good time! Even though my cousin and I are 9 years apart, were very close, and have been ever since I was young. She’s one of the strongest, craziest, most inspirational person I’ve ever met and don’t know where I’d be without her! Whenever we get a chance to go out together, it’s always a crazy and fun time.

This past weekend, we checked out a couple different places in Northampton. We made sure to check out The Northampton Brewery, in which of course I introduced her to my FAVE drink, an “Around The World”. After gossiping and catching up on life, it was about time we went dancing!  So we got on our dancing shoes and headed over to Tully O’Reillys, which is one of my favorite dance places in Noho. It’s a fun, young place, which has a room with a huge bar, and another room for dancing. It’s always a good crowd, and plays all the newest hits out at the time. This was actually where my friends and I spent most of our night on my birthday. Since I introduced her to my favorite drink, she introduced me to her favorite shot, a “Lemon Drop” shot. It’s not only scrumptious, but it’s very easy to make right at home! Just don’t forget to suck the lemon after!
Lemon Drop Recipe:                                                                                    
Photo Credit: Somewhatfunnythings.blogspot.com

½ OZ VODKA
½ OZ LEMON JUICE
1 SUGAR CUBE
ICE

Whenever Becca and I go out, we always are sure to look our best! As far as dressing for the night out, I made sure to play up the sex appeal a little bit. I wore a black mini skirt, paired with my Emerald Green Last Tango top. The rouging allows anything you want to hide to be hidden and enhances everything you want to be enhanced. With the weather that week being almost unbearable, I had to be sure to dress where I would be comfortable and wouldn’t have to start stripping off any layers. If I want to change my outfit around, I can wear the black mini skirt with almost any fun going out top while the top looks great with a pair of skinny jeans.

Black Mini Skirt: Express
Last Tango Top: Available at Caren & Company in Longmeadow, MA

"God made you my cousin, love made you my friend, but time and experience made you the sister I never had"
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment