Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thirsty Thursday's With Vicki

Fur Up For Fall


Gibson Top: Nordstrom
Black Mini Skirt: Express
BB Dakota Faux Fur Vest: Caren & Co.
Booties: Aldo
Jewelry: Caren & Co.
 

This fall, faux fur and real fur, is going to be hitting the streets everywhere! Now, I have to admit, I love my animal friends wayyyy too much, and don’t think I’d be the one to wear real animal fur. But, I’m all for the faux fur, especially in vests and jackets! It’s a great trend that you can wear with a pair of jeans for a casual look or a night out for dinner and drinks. It instantly adds a little something exciting to your outfit.
Try just a simple black, grey, or brown vest. You can also try one in an animal print or one with a sequined detail. You can find them in a range of prices, depending on what you’re looking to spend. I’ve found mine at Forever 21, Kohls, and Caren & Company in Longmeadow, MA. Three were budget savers, while the BB Dakota vest was more of a splurge. But all four each created a completely different look!
Here are four different looks I have put together incorporating the faux fur trend:


1.) Wear a Mini Skirt: Here I have a black studded short sleeve Gibson top paired with a black mini skirt. I threw on my BB Dakota faux fur vest to pull together the look. Then I added a pair of black tights for those cooler nights this fall! For shoes, I can wear these cute pair of Aldo ruffled  peep toe booties. For jewelry I added a pop of color, with a green and gold necklace.


Sweater: Forever 21
Faux Fur Vest: Forever 21
Jean Leggings: Gap
Booties: Vince Camuto Outlet
Bracelet: Vintage

2.) Wear a Black Skinny Jean Legging: For a top, I have on here a three quarter length sweater from Forever 21, worn with a pair of black Skinny Jean Leggings. To bring in the faux fur trend, I have a grey cheetah print vest on that has this cute black belt to pull in the look. For shoes, I have on these pair of black zippered booties I bought at The Vince Camuto Outlet in Wrentham, MA! I added on to this look by incorporating a cheetah print bracelet.


Sweater Dress: Forever 21
Faux Fur Vest: Forever 21
Leggings: Nordstrom
Heels: Christian Siriano For Payless
Necklace: Vintage
 3.) Try A Black Legging: For this look I have a fitted grey short sleeve sweater dress on with a pair of thick black leggings. I incorporated this light weight black sequin vest and these pair of silver/grey strappy heels from Christian Siriano for Payless. I also added on to the look with a black and silver long necklace.

Top: Express
Bandage Skirt: Express
Faux Fur Jacket: Kohls
Tights: DSW
Heels: Jessica Simpson-DSW
Necklace: Caren & Co.
4.)A Black Faux  FurJacket: If you want to stray away from the faux fur vest, and would rather try a jacket, this look instantly makes your look classy!. Try one in black, like this Lauren Conrad from Kohls faux fur jacket that I bought at the end of winter 2011. Bought this baby for only $20! For this look, I have a black racerback lace top on to create a sexier appeal. I also added a pop of color by pairing the top with a pink bandaged skirt. I also added fun printed tights, a silver chain necklace and a pair of black heels. This outfit creates an instant city-girl look!


So let me know if you’re going to be trying this furry friend trend this fall/winter season! Keep it trendy ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment