Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wacky Wednesday's with Jenbiff

Time Warp

This past spring I really got into reading blogs and I got a ton of inspiration for my own closet. A few of the blogs I read on the reg (like this  and this) either incorporate a lot of vintage pieces into their outfits or take inspiration from decades past and make it modern. Fashion will always come back around!

50's Zebra top from Roz's Place (Photo Credit: rozsplacevintage.com)

For a little while now I've really wanted to check out some vintage and consignment shops--but mostly the vintage. Yesterday I decided to walk around Northampton, Ma (a little city that Vicki has mentioned many times as a fun place to go out at night). As Vicki mentioned in her very first post about Noho, there are a ton of shops and boutiques that line Main Street, and many that are very close by. I ended up wandering into three (3!) vintage shops: Sid Vintage, Roz's Place , and Retro Genie.

70s dress from Roz's Place (Photo Credit: rozsplacevintage.com)

As you many have already guessed, all of these shops were very vintage-y (smell and all!). The most modern thing in them were the people, and even they were a tad vintage. But I think that is the appeal to it...well that, and the merchandise they sell. You definitely don't go to a vintage shop looking for something from the Kardashian's clothing line. All three places had clothes from as far back as the 50s (maybe older) all the way up to the 90s.

Polka dot dress from Sid Vintage (Photo Credit: sid-vintage.com)



Retro Genie is where I made my first vintage purchase! An adorable black jacket with rhinestones around the end of the sleeve and pockets. Pictures will come at a later date I promise! The woman working in Retro Genie made a good point that I forgot when debating whether or not to get the jacket...even though it's vintage, it's one of a kind. I know that no one else is going to have to same thing as me (even if that someone held onto it from the time they bought it). If you have already been vintage shopping, doesn't it feel like a treasure hunt? And if you take good care of the treasure, it will last you a while.

The Sid Vintage logo (Photo Credit: sid-vintage.com)


Unfortunately for us Western Massers, there really isn't anything else unless you go to a Salvation Army or Goodwill. The next closest vintage shops are in Worcester, Vermont, Connecticut, or Boston. I won't lie though...I wouldn't mind making a little road trip to Boston every once in a while to go vintage shopping...maybe I'll be able to see Jenbou and KM a little more if I did!

Are you interested in vintage shops?? What are your favorite finds?  



Quote of the Week: "I could be your girl
And share this life with you
But I don’t wanna wear white
You know it’s too late for that
But can we keep the ever after
Oh could it be
Just you and me"

Last Week's Answer: Minny Jackson and Hilly Holbrook from The Help

No comments:

Post a Comment