Friday, November 25, 2011

The Gossip Corner with Stini

Happy Gobble Gobble Everyone!


Turkey Day is one of my fave holidays because I get to eat lots of yummy food and spend time with the people I love. This year's Thanksgiving was a bit different then in the past because my cousins, Jennifer and Lauren, and I had to make the dinner-preparation for the future. Now I never really truly appreciated all of the effort and hard work it takes to put on such a feast, kudos to my aunts and grandmother! 


This year we basically did a 24-hour cooking marathon that included tempers and at times ingredients flying haha. But we survived-yay! The thing that I really love to do on this holiday is to make my aunt's Triple Chocolate Pecan Pie, it tastes even better than it sounds. Usually we only make one but my Jennifer and I petitioned to have two pies so that there wouldn't be fights over who got a bigger slice of pie. 

Don't you just want to lick the screen?
Here's the recipe if you want to try and make it yourself.
One of our family traditions, that my grandfather started, is to go around the table and say what we are thankful for that year and why. Thanksgiving was his favorite holiday because it brings all of the family together, unfortunately he passed away four years ago, and Turkey Day has never really been the same for me. 
Our last family photo with my grandfather
And yes we usually have 12-14 people to feed
Finally I wanted to share the outfit that I wore for this special occasion with you
 
Thanks Lauren for snapping these cute pics!
My Outfit-
Shirt: Ann Taylor
Skirt: Ann Taylor
Tights: Ann Taylor
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Earrings/Rings: Tiffany & Co.
Necklace: Madewell
Apron: My Aunt Sue's
What are some of your family's traditions for Turkey Day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment