Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thirsty Thursday's With Vicki

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Turkey Day guys! I guess I'm the lucky one out of the group, and I actually get to blog to you about Turkey Day on the actual day. Since my family tradition isn't much of a tradition, and changes every year I can just tell you about what I did this year.

As far as this year goes, we kept it VERY simple. And sometimes, I think simple is nice. Sometimes, I like big celebrations, which is why I swear my wedding when that day comes will be just like Kim Kardashians-Except I'll stay married for more than 75 days. 

I started off this holiday by going out last night, along with the rest of Westfield. Usually, I admit I hate seeing all my graduating class. But this year it felt different. I saw people I haven't seen in ages, and it actually felt good knowing we were on good terms. Knowing that things were in the past, and we were ready to  just move forward. It's scary to think people do actually grow up, especially those we least expect! For this holiday celebration we just went to two local bars in Westfield: Westwood and The Leaf. We also made it out to a town next to us called Southwick. It was crazy to see who I ran into: past flings, new flings,new friends and old friends. But all in all, great times.

whatsupandwhere.com

For actual Turkey Day, I started off watching the Macy's Day Parade with my family. After just a 5 hour sleep, I got up at 9 and watched the whole Parade. First time ever considering in the past I'd always get stuck going to the Westfield High School Football Turkey Day Game.  Scotty McCreary and Rodney Atkins were my favorite performances at the Parade (even though, they're lip singing was not very good!)

Scotty McCreary (American Idol Winner 2011)-Americanidol.wikia.com

For my Turkey Dinner, it was just my parents, my brother and myself. Very simple like I said. But relaxing, and included some much needed family time. I enjoyed your basic Turkey Dinner Meal: Turkey, gravy mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, cranberry sauce, and crescent rolls. All my favorites! 
Also, mom broke the big news. She was "for" a new dog!!! We've been waiting for her to say Yes, and looks like if it works out we will hopefully be getting a Labrador sometime this year!!!!

Some of my fave Turkey Dinner Foods!

As for dessert, we all went over to my cousins who live in Longmeadow, a few towns over from Westfield. It was great to catch up with family there, eat some sweets, and drink some wine! 

For 2011: I'm thankful that all the crazy storms that MA has experienced that my friends and family all were safe and managed to get through the tragedy's these storms brought. I'm so thankful for ALL my family and friends. I don't know where I'd be without them.

Damage from the storm

As for Turkey Day, I tried to dress very festive! See how I incorporated a dressy but trendy look for my Thanksgiving festivities: Fun prints, using the fall color purple, and booties!

Black Sweater: Forever 21
Printed Skirt: Free People (Caren & Co.)
Tights: Marks & Spencer's (London, England)
Black Booties: Kensie (Vince Camuto Outlet)
Necklace: Kohls
Belt: Primark (London, England)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful Turkey Day. Gobble Gobble!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment