Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wacky Wednesday's with Jenbiff

Turkey Day


With every holiday, every family has traditions. Thanksgiving is actually the one holiday where my family is a little more laid back. In the morning my parents, siblings, and I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Of course during commercials my parents run to check the turkey and other delicious treats they've spent the past few days cooking. Towards the end of the parade is when everyone is rushed in and out of the shower and everyone has to pitch in to clean the house before my family shows up around 3pm.

This year's logo for the Macy's Day Parade (Photo Credit: Google Images)


Of course once the parade is over the TV is taken over the Thanksgiving Day football games. And once my whole family is over we normally just hang out and catch up for a little until dinner is ready. Food-wise we are pretty traditional. There is of course the turkey, potatoes, carrots and stuffing. But then we add our own family recipes. My mom makes amazing sweat potatoes with cinnamon on top and also a to-die-for Spinach potatoes which are my favorite. I seriously never thought I'd like Spinach until I ate this.

Similar to my mom's Spinach potatoes, but obvs not as good. (Photo Credit: Google Images)

After dinner I run off to meet up with Ben and his family to celebrate with them. Their Thanksgiving is pretty low key too. It's nice to be able to hang out with all of my family because everyone knows how busy life can get. I love the low key feeling of Thanksgiving in my family. It's sort of like the calm before the storm because Christmas is never this calm.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Thanksgiving this year!


Quote of the Week: "And you think you'll be happy
if granted one more wish,
but the truth is
you'll never need more
you'll never need more
you'll never need more than this."
Last Weeks Answer: Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment