Tuesday, November 22, 2011

KM Explains it All!

Turkey Day!


Thanksgiving is such an underrated holiday that I absolutely LOVE!  When else can you eat all the food you want and have no one call you a fatty?!  Not only that, but it is a holiday where you can look back and reflect on everything that you're thankful for.  This year I'm thankful for all the great friends I have that have been there for me during the bummer summer of 2011 and of course I'm thankful for my family.  Without them, I honestly don't know where I'd be.  I'm thankful for all the great opportunities that I've had and all the traveling that I've been able to do.  Three more continents and I'll have been to them all!  I'm thankful to the Foo Fighters for putting on an AMAZING show last week and for my mom finally caving and letting us get our puppy, Stella.  I'm thankful for more things than I could list here!


Now for a little family tradition...every year the radio, actually on a few different radio stations, they play Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant.  In my family it is a tradition to stop whatever we're doing so that we can sing and enjoy the song together.  If we don't sing along...well...there are consequences...my parents usually end up singing louder.  Anyone interested in having a listen just watch the video below or listen to the oldies radio stations around noon time on Thanksgiving!
Another tradition that I enforce is a dessert that my aunt makes.  She made it one year so the younger kids who don't enjoy the numerous pies that we usually have, would have something to else to eat.  I think I liked them better than the kids and now it is a must at our house.  These delicious must haves are candy turkeys and candy pilgrim hats.  Every year she says I don't remember how I made them last year but she never lets me down!
Hers usually have candy corn feet rather than a cookie stand

DELICIOUS chocolate marshmallows!
What are you thankful for this year?  Have any holiday traditions?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment