Friday, January 27, 2012

The Gossip Corner with Stine

Welcome to Awards Season!
It's that time again everyone, time to put on something comfy, eat something delicious, and plop yourself in front of the tele and watch the stars glide down the red carpet of the Globes/SAGs/Oscars. While doing this, if you're like me, you are probably critiquing every gorgeous (or not so gorgeous) outfit that the lucky group of stars get to wear. Now normally I just like to watch the celebs walk down the carpet posing for pics and stopping to do interviews with Ryan and Giuliana from the E! Network, however this year my cousin, Jennifer convinced to watch the ENTIRE awards show with her!
I had heard that Ricky Gervais was funny at last year's Globes but in a controversial way, which let's face it is one of the greatest types of funny-and a personal fave of mine, lol. Poking fun at people in front of their face and spilling Hollywood secrets that were meant to be kept on lock-down is HI-LARIOUS! While I thought that Ricky was funny I wouldn't say he was over the top hilarious in my opinion.

Gervais hosting the '12 Globes (Google Images)
The Golden Globes went on for like 2+ hours so in less you have a cousin like mine who can predict the future and the winners in each category, I suggest checking People.com for a list of winners.
Now on to the fashion-wahoo! The central color palette for this years Globes was soft pinks, lavenders, black and white combos, and jewel toned mermaid-style gowns. Although there were a ton of actresses who pulled out all the stops on their gowns, I am going to list my top 5 Best Dressed.
#5 Octavia Spencer, in Tadashi Shoji

The silhouette works well with her shape and the softness of the lavender gives her a fresh look. I like that she didn't go crazy with the jewelry because of the detail on the dress.
#4 Shailene Woodley, in Marchesa

This art-deco dress shows off The Descendant's actress's sophisticated side and that she is much more capable that her Secret Life character. 
#3 Reese Witherpsoon, in Zac Posen

I love this color on her! My only issue with the dress is that from certain angles it makes her look a little hippy and it shortens her torso. Everything else is flawless-her hair, makeup, accessories.
#2 Kate Winslet, in Jenny Packham

See the black and white combo looks stunning on her! Usually I wouldn't do a half black-half white dress, because it's just too retro for me, I think that Kate really makes the dress work. It's simple with a hint of sexiness with the keyhole.
#1 Sofia Vergara, in Vera Wang

AH-MAZ-ING! You can't go wrong with Vera and Sofia knows how to work this gown. The color is perfection and it hugs her in all the right places, although I'm not sure how she managed to walk down the carpet-with practice?

Who were your top 5 best dressed at this years Globes? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment