Tuesday, January 31, 2012

KM Explains it All!

Tuesday Ten!


Winter is here and it can make me feel oh so very blah!  Nothing makes me wish for Summer more during this time of the year.  All of my favorite holidays are over and the next fun, in my opinion I call it a holiday, is my birthday which doesn't come until March.  I have to find different things to occupy my time and keep me going until the warm weather finally arrives.  Here are ten ways I don't catch the Winter blues!


1.  Pinterest
I am currently obsessed with this website.  I literally spent a whole day on it just looking at everything.  It's basically a site where people can gather and share different things they find on the internet.  There's different DIY projects, recipe's, quotes, books, everything!  After becoming a member you organize everything on different boards which you title yourself.  You can repin other people's finds or you can create your own pins to share with the Pinterest world!


2.  My Nook


For Christmas I was lucky enough to get a Nook from my brother and his girlfriend.  Since then I haven't left home without it.  He loaded it with more books than I ever thought could fit into one device.  


3.  Going Out
Even though it can be unbearably cold at night, we don't let that get us down!  We love to go out dancing and take every opportunity we can to get to Boston for a night of fun.


4.  Cooking
I love to cook.  Mostly I do a lot of baking but I'm working on expanding my horizons and cooking other things.  I found this recipe for avocado fries on Pinterest and since I'll eat pretty much anything if it involves avocados, I decided I had to try it.  Here is the recipe and let me tell you they came out delicious!


5.  Stella!
Stella can't sit inside all day and loves being outside.  She especially loves being outside when it's snowing which isn't exactly ideal for me but it does get me up and walking around instead of sitting inside all day.


6.  Plan a Trip
I'm lucky enough to have a family member who works for the airline industry and he has promised me a buddy pass which means that you get a discounted ticket but you have to fly standby.  If the plane fills up, you don't get to go.  A lot of planning and hoping that the plane doesn't fill up will go into this.  I'd like to go someplace warm, and someplace that I've never been to before.  Where I want to go is still a question but I do know that I am going to be going!


7.  Job Hunt
Still looking for a real job can be a huge downer but the secret to success is to try and try again until you find something.  I spend a majority of my days searching and applying for jobs.  While the waiting period can seem unpleasant the idea of finally getting something is wonderful.


8.  Out to Eat!
Jen Bou and I have made it a rather regular thing to go to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner and drinks.  Mostly we go there because the margaritas are fabulous and they have one of my favorite appetizers...FRIED PICKLES!  It's great to catch up over good food after a long day.


9.  Going to the Movies
As a self-proclaimed movie freak, I absolutely love going to the movie theater.  My favorite part is the previews because you get a sneak peak at what's coming out next.  I'm dying to see Extremely Loud Incredibly Close ever since Christine mentioned it on her last visit up here.  When I found out it was a book I also thought it would be a perfect one to add to my list of books that turn into movies.


10.  Thinking of New Posts!


I'm always keeping in mind what I want to write about for my blog post every week.  I have so many things going on in my head that I have to write down different ideas or I'll forget them before I get to share them!  


Don't let the Winter blues get you down.  Keeping yourself busy with different projects and activities is the best way to keep your spirits up during this time of the year.


What do you do to keep the Winter blues away?  Let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment