Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wacky Wednesdays with Jenbiff

Fashion Week around the World!

Unfortunately I can't to go to every fashion week in the world, but thanks to the wonderful world wide web I can see everything from the catwalks of other countries. Last week I was so excited to tell you of my New York adventures that I completely forgot to back up and break it down (which you could also use while in the club...but I do digress). Anywhosers the fashion weeks of the world begin in New York which ran from February 9-16. London Fashion Week began February 17 and went until the 22th. Milan Fashion Week ran from February 22-28. So of course I will be talking about my review of London and Milan. Paris Fashion Week started yesterday and will go until March 7th; LA Fashion Week will go from March 8th-18th; and finally Tokyo Fashion Week will run from March 18th to the 24th. So let me begin with London. I don't really know too many of the London designers, but this gave me an opportunity to learn many new designers I want to follow in the future.

London
Giles
Some of the looks that came out on the runway were a little more "out there" than the looks that I chose from last week. But the way the prints on the dresses came out I just couldn't ignore it. Let me show you so you know what I'm talking about:





Marios Schwab
Most of the looks were dresses or skirts with shirts that were fitted and belted around the waist. This is actually one of my favorite looks, so of course I loved this line. I also loved the lace details on the shoulders and as a top...but that could also be because I am slightly obsessed with lace.





McQ Alexander McQueen
I can't help it, I am in love with Alexander McQueen. Ever since I found out about McQueen I've loved him and his designs. So I am soo glad to know that Sarah Burton has carried on his legend and design style. So as soon as I saw this line, I knew it would make it onto the blog! Here are my fav looks from the runway:




Other designers from London to check out: Vivienne Westwood

Milan
Giorgio Armani
I surprised myself with how much I loved the simplicity of the pant suits, dresses, and coats. Each look were so wearable and versatile I can't deny it's beauty!




Salvatore Ferragamo
Even though I didn't get to see the looks in person, you could def tell there were a LOT of details in each piece. Even the dresses towards the end of the show (which were my favorites) had metallic details were beautiful.





John Richmond
All you need to know it that I would literally wear every look in this line. That's how cute and wearable it is. Yes, even the gowns. 



Here are other designers to check out from Milan: Dsquared2, Just Cavalli, Moschino, Roberto Cavalli

*All pictures are from WWD.com

Quote of the Week: "Fashion is all about happiness. It's fun. It's important. But it's not medicine."
Last Weeks Answer:  W.C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment