Friday, June 29, 2012

The Gossip Corner with Stine

Walt Disney World: Where Dreams Come True!


Hey everyone I hope you all had a fabulous week, I know I did! I just got back from the happiest place on earth, Disney World, and I can't wait to tell you all about it. Now let me preface this by saying that our trip had a very rocky start: my cousins and I weren't on the same flight so I was trying to switch which wasn't possible because of some new 6 hour rule (so dumb!) and to boot the lady at the counter was so mean! I was put on standby for the next flight but it didn't look good since it was booked solid, well lady luck was on my side because 32 people didn't show up so I got on at the last second-yay! Once I arrived at our resort, Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, things calmed down and we were ready to start our vacation!

Top: Our Princess Room, Bottom: Jen & Lauren in front of our resort
A quick word to the wise, have a plan in place BEFORE you go, meaning figure out which parks you want to see first, what rides you really want to go on, and places you want to eat. Now thankfully we had our own personal Disney planning expert in the form of my cousin, Jennifer! She has been planning this trip for basically 10 years lol so we were good to go.


Jen's plan of attack and yes it is color-coded :)
We also decided to buy matching backpacks and shirts so that we could better keep track of each other (we only wore the shirts one day and the Minnie ears we bought there). With Jen's plan, staying at a Disney resort, and having the park hopper ticket we were able to hit 2-3 parks each day! Each day a park will open early or stay open later for guests staying at the Disney resorts, which allowed us to go on almost every ride/attraction at each park. 


Top-Bottom: Me, Jen & Lauren at Epcot; Magic Kingdom; Hollywood Studios; Animal Kingdom
In terms of rollercoasters I think all of us would say that Hollywood Studios was our fave park. It has Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Star Tours, ... Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood had really great night shows like: Night time Wishes Spectacular, Electrical Parade, Fantasmic, and Illuminations. Here are a few pics I took:




Top-Bottom: MK, Hollywood, Epcot, Rockin' Rollercoaster, Stunt Show
We also really enjoyed Animal Kingdom, especially the Kilamanjaro Safari where we got to see some amazing animals, take a look!






 Giraffes for Vicki; Elephants for Jen; Lions for me and Lauren!
Finally one of the best moments for me was meeting all of the characters and princesses! The reason being when I was a little kid for some strange reason I was terrified of them! It sounds kinda silly now but I really wanted to make up for lost time so I had a few in mind that I really wanted to see and we did!







Needless to say we had an AMAZING time!!! We can't wait to go back so Jen is already planning for the next time, hopefully it won't be another 10 years!

Have a Magical weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment