Friday, October 26, 2012

Fridays with Jenbiff



Halloween DIY part 2: Mummified

Pinterest. The place where I have found so many cool things to try and do (as I’m sure many of you have found things you’ve at least thought about trying). I found this little guy and didn’t think twice about it. Then after finishing another jar of pickles I yelled to my boyfriend: “DON’T THROW AWAY THE PICKLE JAR!!!!!!!” Slightly worried about me, he didn’t question and left the jar alone. I washed it out and got out my small craft supply box to get started.  

My inspiration (Photo Credit: Pinterest)
To get the label off, don’t just yank and pull until you get annoyed enough to leave half of it still on. Let the jar soak in warm water until the glue under the label has softened. Then slowly pull it off. If you’re still having problems let it soak longer.

 For this little guy you will need a pickle jar (or something similar), white streamer, glue stick, googly eyes.


 All I did was choose a point to start wrapping the jar with the streamer. My jar still had a little glue from the label, which held the streamer in place, but to be safe I also just held onto it until I was done. If your jar doesn’t have any glue left, use the glue stick on the end of the streamer to hold it into place. Then wrap the entire jar with the streamer. I wrapped my jar twice, and the second time I went at diagonals to great a “sloppy” wrap job. When I was done wrapping the jar I glued the end of the streamer to the streamer on the jar. Then I glued the googly eyes on one side and…it’s ALIVE! Easy peasy lemon squeesy. 



Quote of the Week: “From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!”
Tuesday's Answer: Peter Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment