Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Special!

I know, I know. It's only Monday, what am I doing posting today? Well award season has offically wrapped up as of last night with the Oscars. And to be honest I couldn't wait to share what I thought of the Red Carpet hits and misses.

So let's begin with the worst looks.

Naomie Harris on the Red Carpet (Photo Credit: Huffingtonpost.com)
 Naomie Harris is the newest Bond girl. But what. The. Hell. Is. This? She's wearing a Michael Badger dress. Let me start by saying the pattern on the bodices really looks like giraffe print. Maybe Vicki's love for them have made me notice it a lot more, but I don't really think it's the best choice on an Oscar dress. Now onto the slit: I understand that Angelina Jolie started a ridiculous trend with the high slit, but this was a whole new level that shouldn't have happened. Did she want the whole world to see her lady parts? Apparently.
Anne Hathaway on the Red Carpet (Photo Credit: WWD.com)
Oh Anne. I go back and forth on how I feel about the movies you've been in, but I will not be swayed when it comes to this Prada dress. When you saw your nipples pointing through your dress, did you think "Yes, this looks fantastic!"  That is obviously the biggest point I have about the dress (sorry I couldn't resist), but I also just wasn't crazy about the color. I thought it washed her out and was sort of a blah shape. The back just seemed like it was too tight and disheveled.

Now for the best:

Charlize Theron on the Red Carpet (Photo Credit: WWD.com)
I absolutely loved this Christian Dior Haute Couture dress. I thought the silhouette was stunning. And naturally I'm a sucker for the peplum so I couldn't look away. I thought the white was a perfect choice because if it were in any other color, it would have lost a little something. And when did she cut her hair like this? I think I missed something. Regardless, I loved her new do! From the front it sort of looks like it's just parted on the side and tied back in a low pony. Alas, it's just short and beautiful.

Jennifer Lawrence on the Red Carpet (Photo Credit: WWD.com)
The fact that we're not best friends upsets me. Regardless, I thought she looked fabulous in the Christian Dior Haute Couture. Normally I wouldn't love this color up against her light skin, but I can't deny she looks fabulous. And how embarrassing was it when she fell up the stairs for her big moment? But she didn't miss a beat when she made fun of her self. Seriously, why aren't we best friends??

What were your hits and misses from last nights Red Carpet?

Are you following us on Facebook or Twitter yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment