Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Superbowl Sunday: Best and Worst

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

This past Sunday most of the male folk in my life (and possibly the country) were very excited about the Superbowl. I'm going to be honest, unless Tom and the boys are playing, I am normally only excited for A. Food; B. The Halftime Show; and C. The Commercials.

Let's start with The Commercials:
Honestly I wasn't overly blown away by the majority of commercials this year. Bummer! But don't worry I did some favs. Here are my top three:

1. Best Buy: "Ask Amy"
           I love Amy Poehler, and this commercial was wicked funny. I wonder how many Best Buy  
           employees deal with customers like her? 
2. Doritos: "Goat 4 Sale"
            Thinking they'll be friends for ever, man and goat spend lots of time eating Doritos together...until it
            goes wrong.
3. Budweiser: "Horse Story"
             I didn't know Budweiser was going to make me cry during a commercial during the Superbowl.
             Way to go.

Anddd here are my least favs:

1. Blackberry: Z10
             Blackberry is finally trying to make it's comeback with a touch screen. But the commercial only told
             us what it can't do. But wait...what does it do?
2. Axe: "Nothing Beats an Astronaut"
             The commercial would have been a typical Axe commercial if they didn't try to be funny by adding
             an astronaut. That was just stupid. 
3. Toyota: "Wish Granted"
             Honestly I don't really care about this family's random wish list. And the fact that the father was
             completely ignored or "misheard" the whole time wasn't really funny. But what did any of it have to
            do with the car?

Now I have to say something about the Half Time Show: THANK YOU for someone current and entertaining! I'm not the biggest Beyonce fan, but I loved her show! I hope this means that more pop artists will be able to make appearances at the half time show in the future!
She killed it. (Photo Credit: Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment