Monday, September 26, 2011

Outfit Outtakes by Jen Bou

A Trend to Try

I picked up this sheer polka dot top in black at the beginning of August at H&M and since I liked it so much, I bought the cream colored version about a month later (you can see how I wore it here)


When I had first tried it on at the store, my mom thought it was too baggy and boxy but I loved it so I went ahead and purchased it. I was trying to think of different ways to wear it such as possibly tucking it in (too short for that). So I tried it un-tucked with a slim bottom but it still didn’t look right. One morning I was determined to make it look good with something. So I paired it with a khaki pencil skirt and after playing around with it I came up with the perfect solution.



I decided to try a trend I’ve been eyeing for a while. So what I did was unbuttoned the last 3 buttons and tied it in a knot which made for the perfect length but also a better fit.





Just add a simple pencil skirt and some pumps and voila! A trendy way to wear a top and a polished look for work! :)


Tank: Express
Top: H&M
Skirt: The Limited
Shoes: Calvin Klein via DSW
Bag: Daisy Fuentes for Kohls
Necklace: Forever 21
 

No comments:

Post a Comment