Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wacky Wednesdays with Jenbiff

Total Fashion Nerd


Since graduating from college I have found I have a lot more time to read the books I always thought I'd have to wait until retirement to read. I feel like a total nerd when I'm the only one reading in the break room at work, or while my family is watching TV and I'm in my own little world on the pages of the book I'm reading. The reason why I'm telling you all about my new found nerdiness is because I recently read the best fashion book I've ever read.


The cover of the best fashion book to date (Photo Credit: Google Images)




I <3 Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style by Amanda Brooks was everything that I'd ever want in a book about fashion. She starts off the book with how to own your style and things to consider when creating your own style, like your budget. Amanda then broke down the book into a few types of style. She gave a little bit of history on each one and explained how you can achieve a style yourself. Not only that but she also talks about key pieces, and gives examples of icons, movies, more books specifically about that type of style and of course tons of pictures of what she's talking about.

The table of contents with a few of the types of fashion Amanda talks about (Photo Credit: Google Images)

Along with the basics Amanda gives tips about where to shop for some of the styles; like how to find great vintage pieces on Ebay. She also has a section dedicated to pronouncing difficult designer names and how to figure out if dishing out a boatload of cash on designer pieces is really worth it. After you read this book all you'll need to do it decide which style you like the best...or not. But you'll certainly want to go out and shop!



Quote of the Week: "I love to take things that are everyday...and make them into the most luxurious things in the world."
Last Weeks Answer: "Old Man" by Neil Young

No comments:

Post a Comment