Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wacky Wednesdays with Jenbiff

Good-bye 2011, Welcome 2012!

Welcome to 2012 readers! Can you believe another year is ahead of us? Now I know that it's really traditional to come up with new years resolutions BEFORE the new year, but it's still the first week. After all, aren't resolutions called goals at every other point in the year? But anyways, since it is still relevant as a resolution, I came up with a few things I would really like to do this year.

It's been fun 2011. Welcome 2012! (Photo Credit: Google Images)


1. Get a full time job.
This is probably a little obvious since it was also on my Christmas list, but I know that I just can't wait for Santa to get around to it. And this is really the only thing I'm going to focus on until it becomes a reality. So wish me luck!

Fingers crossed! (Photo Credit: Google Images)

2. Get onto a regular workout routine.
I know, I know. This is such a stereotypical resolution. In my defense I was doing pretty well for a while, and then the holiday season hit. Fail on my part. But it's a new year...so let's try this again.

It's time to whip my ass into shape...bring it on! (Photo credit: Shutterstock.com)

3. Continue to learn French.
I have had such a random desire to be fluent in French for about 2 years now. I took some classes while I was still in school and even went to Paris, but since graduating I just can't afford to take anymore classes. But where there's a will there's a way and I know that if I keep up with what I know I'll be able to reach this goal eventually.

Basic greetings in French and English (Photo Credit: Google Images)


Of course there are plenty of other things that I would like to do this year, but I want to take part of this post to remember an amazing dog who passed away right before the New Year. When my aunt and cousins moved in with my sister and I, they brought the whole family...Nicole (Michelle's guinea pig) and Buddy (the family dog) included. My sister and I have never had a dog before, but it didn't take long until both of us fell in love with him. Buddy was such a calm and loving dog. He always looked out for his family, even from the comfort of his spot on the floor behind the couch. When it was dinner time, he would poke his nose up under your arm to smell out what sort of yummy things he might be able to get a taste of. Before they moved in, I was actually a little afraid of Buddy because he barked loudly when you entered the house if he didn't know you. And the fact that he was almost the size of a small horse didn't help. But the more time I saw him and spent with him the more I loved him as my own dog. He may no longer physically be with us, but I know that he will always keep an eye out for his family...the view is just from doggie heaven instead of from behind the couch.

Buddy 2001-2011

Buddy cuddling with his stuffed giraffe
After playing in the snow
He stood there watching a squirrel for like 15 minutes
Buddy's way of asking if he could lay on the couch


Quote of the Week: "A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his."
Last Weeks Answer: Stan and Ollie in March of the Wooden Solider

No comments:

Post a Comment