Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wacky Wednesday With Vicki Live


Giddy Up!

Happy Hump Day followers! I can't believe another month has flown by and September is here! I don't know about you, but this time of year I find always to be bitter sweet. Goodbye to the amazing hot summer weather, and hello to the cool weather! And if you know me you would know even though I've lived in New England for 23 years, I wish I lived somewhere warm 12 months out of the year.

Me playing with some of the
 fun exercise machines last year

But September does bring a few pluses! I think my favorite part about September is the Big E in West Springfield MA. The Big E which is known as the Eastern States Exposition, is a state fair for all six of the New England States. At the Big E you'll find zoo & farm animals,  vendors for shopping, rides and attractions, bars for nightlife, and tons and tons of FOOD! Some of the best food in New England you will ever have! A few of my faves would include: 
Vermont's Apple Pie,  the Maine Baked Potatoes, and the Rhode Island's Clam Fritters. 

masslive.com


Where I always get my apple cider & apple pie :)
Every year the Big E also features concerts that are available to the public. I've never actually been to a concert at the Big E, but this year a few famous people the Big E is featuring includes: Alan Jackson, Billy Currington, and Rodney Atkins. Of course all three amazing country artists! I'm shocked I wasn't one of the first people in line to buy tickets.

Alan Jackson & his wife
CMT.com

Rodney Atkins
WWLP.com


But, getting away from the Big E, but staying on topic with country concerts, I actually went to Toby Keith's Bar & Grill last week in Foxboro, MA with Jen Boo to see the country duo Thompson Square! 

CMT.com

the examiner.com

This husband and wife country duo, Keifer Thompson and Shawna Thompson met at a singing competition in Nashville and from there it was love at first sight. They both pursued solo careers as country artists in the start of their careers, and eventually became a duo creating the band Thompson Square. Thompson Square combines a mix of pop, country, and classic rock into their mix (CMT.com).  And after 13 wonderful years of marriage, you can imagine this duo had more than enough material to write, and compose some catchy songs for their fans!


They're soooo cute!!!


Me & Jen at Toby's!


Besides the hit song "Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not" from Thompson Square another one of my faves would have to be "Let's Fight". Check out this video of "Let's Fight" from Youtube.com


Oh & how could I forget....We Met The Band!!!

They are a BEAUTIFUL couple in person!! 
Happy Hump Day & Enjoy the beginning of fall followers!


No comments:

Post a Comment