Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cheesecake Dip


Five Star Fridays with Jenbiff

*Before we get started I want to send my thoughts and prayers to all the families and members of the Newtown community. I still can't believe the news of such a tragedy, and can't imagine what you are going through. Stay strong.* 

Onto today's post: For those of you who know me...I don't cook or bake ANYTHING. The only way I like to partake in the kitchen is if I'm eating. I've come to accept that I have zero interest in it, but this fact continues to shock and amaze others. I'll give you a minute to be shocked and amazed.


Anywhosers, the reason why I bring this up is because Vicki had a little Holiday shindig at her apartment and I actually made something! Just as a disclaimer I didn't use the stove/oven or microwave, but it took a little more effort than opening a box of cookies and calling them home made. Of course I got my inspiration from Pinterest which brought me to this blog.

Photo Credit: The MOMager
Behold! The Cheesecake Dip! If I can do it, you should know that this is very easy!
What you'll need: 1 block of cream cheese
                           1 tub of fluff
                           1 box of graham crackers
                           2 tubs of cool whip
                           2 cans of cherry pie filling
How much it makes: Two 8x8 pans

All the ingredients
Step one: Crush up one package of the graham crackers and cover the bottom of the pan with it.
Step two: Mix together the cream cheese (If it's still pretty hard, you can melt it a little in the microwave for 15-30 seconds), and the fluff. Once thoroughly mixed add the cool whip (one container at a time). Make sure all three things are thoroughly mixed.
Step three: Spread the mixture over the crushed graham crackers. Be careful with how you spread because you don't want the crushed crackers to get mixed into the cheesecake. Make sure to make it nice and smooth on top.
Step four: Pour the cherry pie filling on top of the mixture, one can on one pan. :)
Step five: Enjoy!

Spreading the cheesecake on the graham crackers
So that's the extent of my kitchen experience. Who cares if I didn't have to heat anything up? This dessert was delich which was all I was looking for. And I'm ok with that.


Quote of the Week: "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
Last Weeks Answer: Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment