Friday, February 15, 2013

New York Fashion Week

For those of you unaware, I love Fashion Week. Nothing gets me more excited for upcoming trends than seeing it come down the runway in an up beat-8 minute show. Unfortunately I have to work a big girl job which doesn't allow me to be there (yet!), so thankfully wonderful websites such as WWD, Style.com, Elle, etc. show me pics and videos so it's almost like I'm there (I did say almost right?).

This past week the Fashion Weeks of the world kicked off as usual in NYC. And don't worry, Blizzard Nemo did not affect fashionistas wardrobe choices as they trekked through the snow to the shows. And after eagerly waiting for them to be posted online, I've chosen my fav lines to share with you. So let's begin:

Jenny Packham
I actually haven't heard of Jenny Packhma before looking at this weeks shows. All of her looks are so classically beautiful. There's nothing that really breaks any barriers, but what was created was so simply stunning, I couldn't look away. Here are my top three looks:



Monique Lhuillier
The feathers, the baroque patterns and the elegant neck pieces. I think I'm in love:



Zac Posen
Zac used a lot of deep colors, heavy fabrics and dramatic yet feminine silhouettes. Again, following what I really lean towards, I loved the simple feminine looks. Here are my favs:







*All Photos are from WWD.com
What did you think of the start of Fashion Week??

Have you liked us on Facebook and are you following us on Twitter yet??

Quote of the Week: "In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous."
Last Weeks Answer: Alexander McQueen

2 comments:

  1. great post... nice outfits :)
    Hope you visit me on my blog … Maybe you like to follow :)
    Sunkissed Lovechild

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much!We would love to follow you, would like to follow us too?

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete